May 11th, 2022
It may sound like an oxymoron to "celebrate" root canals, but root canals are a vital procedure in dentistry that allow us to relieve pain and save teeth when damage has caused inflammation or infection of the nerve and surrounding support structures of teeth. While nobody looks forward to a root canal, it is an amazing procedure that helps save teeth and smiles!
March 13th, 2022
Over time many of us have teeth that yellow or stain due to pigments in the food and drinks we consume. Tooth whitening or bleaching is a safe chemical process that can help remove the stain and restore a beautiful smile.
Tall Pines Dentistry uses Opalescence PF and Opalescence Go for our patients. Opalescence has been the leader in tooth whitening for over 25 years. Benefits of Opalescence products include:
- Superior stability and quality control
- Formulated to keep teeth hydrated
- Contains potassium nitrate and fluoride to help reduce sensitivity
- Sweetened with Xylitol which helps fight tooth decay
- Made in the USA
Ask us about our teeth whitening options!
February 4th, 2022
Dentists across the nation are noticing an uptick in patients presenting with excessive tooth wear over the past 18 months. Increased clenching and grinding of teeth are often associated with stress. Covid-19 appears to have caused an increase in these behaviors and the damage that results from parafunctional bruxism.
Signs and symptoms of bruxism include:
- Teeth grinding or clenching with noise that wakes sleep partner
- Flattened, chipped or fractured teeth
- Worn enamel exposing the dentin layer of teeth
- Painful, sore or tight jaw muscles and TMJ joint
- Headaches or earaches
- Sleep disruption
Risk factors for bruxism include age, stress, personality type, and use of certain medications and substances such as antidepressants, caffeine, and alcohol. Treatments for bruxism vary based on the severity and condition of teeth and can include:
- Custom made splint or nightguard therapy
- Restoration of fractured teeth with crowns
- Stress management